Wednesday, November 17, 2010

10 Things

Aside from my wonderful host family, here are my 5 favorite things about Altea:
   1. The Mediterranean Sea (it's bluer than the sky, so gorgeous)
   2. The plaza and old church
   3. Spanish food! Specifically flan, chorizo, and Spanish tortilla
   4. White buildings + flowers + cobblestone streets + blue skies = postcards
   5. Harry Potter in Spanish! It's good practice, plus it's great to read about "Quien-usted-sabe" and "Dumbledore"

And, to be honest, here are the things I miss most about my home (not including friends and family)
   1. Mexican food. Seriously. I have a perpetual craving for Celinda's chips and Chipotle burritos
   2. My car, or rather, just being able to drive myself around
   3. English movies! So much is lost in translation, and watching National Treasure without Nicolas Cage's voice just isn't the same...                                                                                              4. My high school (I never thought I'd say that!). I miss the football games, teaching style, and huge student body, but I do love studying only classes I'm interested in here in Spain!
  5. Singing. Not that I was ever a fantastic singer, but I miss just being able to sing to my iPod in my room, without fear of thin walls and disturbing the neighbors.

So far, I've been in Spain for a little over 2 months, and my exchange is going really well. I'm making friends and though I'm not fluent yet, I can understand a lot more now.